Thursday, June 14, 2012

Progress!

So, while I'd love to share that I have been knitting away like a fiend on my Lady Irmelin sweater and am Right On Target to finish it, that would be a lie.  I quickly realized that to save my sanity (what's left, anyway), I would not pressure myself to finish the sweater before TNNA (which is coming up in 5 days).  Instead, I worked on finishing a dream project which I started in April (and I suppose the goal was to finish it in April too, but I was happy that I finally started it).  I sewed up the seams today and I proudly present my Cloudy Dreams Kimono:
I have both of Vicki Square's books on kimonos (Knit Kimono and Knit Kimono Too), and have wanted to knit up one for quite a while.  Someday, I hope to knit a kimono (or two) out of those books, however, this pattern is a simple Plymouth yarn pattern.  I knit it up using Cascade's Cloud yarn, which is 70% Merino and 30% Alpaca and it really is dreamy. 

Now I am working on a shawl (Caladan), that I'm sure I can get finished by Wednesday.  Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment