Friday, January 14, 2011

No longer stuck in a Sock Rut?

So, I've realized that I was firmly ensconced in a sock rut.  I knit 10 pairs of socks last year (at latest count) and they were all either just stockinette socks, or My Favorite Socks (which I found refered to as Garter Rib Stitch in a stitch guide book).  

Thanks to a dear friend who encouraged me to dive into Ravelry deeper (I was barely using it at all), I have discovered some beautiful sock patterns that I'm dying to knit!  I've started with the Mad Color Weave socks and love, love, Love it!


Part of my sock rut was due to previous sock knitting outside my lines and not being happy with the results.  I seem to be quite picky about my socks.  But these patterns are so gorgeous (and yes, I have quite a few sock knitting books as well) that I am truly inspired to try something new.  Plus, the benefit of Ravelry and being able to see these patterns in different colors as other knitters explore the patterns has shed new light for me.  So, here's hoping these socks fit and feel as great as they look!



No comments:

Post a Comment