Thursday, August 4, 2011

Summertime Sock knitting

Summer is finally here in the Pacific Northwest.  While much of the nation has endured (and continues to endure) record heat, here our entire Spring and the first part of the summer was cooler and cloudier than normal.  We finally have had several sunny days and temperatures in the 70's.  Today was a perfect day for a glass of my extra special iced tea and some outdoor knitting:





I finished up my Ocean Waves Summer Socks yesterday (which was also a beautiful day!):



The pattern is Niagara Falls by Janel Laidman and the yarn is my Bamboo Bliss in the Ocean Waves colorway.  These were a very quick knit (I knit the second sock in 2 days) and I'm very happy with them.

Now I am working on a test knit for Karen Lauger (aka Lykkefanten).  The pattern is called Slippery Slope and it's looking fabulous:

The yarn is also Bamboo Bliss, this one in the Winter Evergreens colorway.  I'm looking forward to trying this pattern out with a yarn that has more color variations.  It uses twisted stitches for the ribbing and then uses slipped stitches, so I think that it'll look great in a handpainted yarn.

Here's the recipe for my sun tea.    In a 1 gallon jar, I place:
2 Celestial Seasonings Tangerine Orange Zinger
2 Celestial Seasonings Lemon Zinger
2 black tea (Irish Breakfast, Ahmad English tea #1, English Breakfast, or your choice)
Then fill up with cold water and set in the sun for a few hours.  Mmmmm.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment