Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Happy Holidays

It's been a tumultuous year in our house.  My mom died in August.  It was sudden.  It was unexpected.  It still makes me sad. 

I've been busy this month knitting, dyeing yarn, cleaning, more knitting, and a little sewing.  After wishing for a holiday themed apron, I finally got one made.  So simple, so quick, but so easy to procrastinate about!  I also made myself a red hat, which has been another item I've wanted but it had been easy to postpone ("oh it won't take me but a few hours, I can do it TOMORROW").  The yarn is Cashmere Bliss Aran, in the Marooned in Friday Harbor colorway (find it here).  I used a 4.5mm needle and cast on 88 stitches.  Then, after knitting about 5 inches of ribbing, I increased to 96 stitches and began my pattern.  I'm very happy with how it turned out!  More details can be found at my project page (here) on Ravelry.  Someday, perhaps I'll get it written up into an official pattern, but for now, the brave and intrepid are welcome to read my notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment